Monday, February 16, 2009

Look At Me



You told me, I could be anything I wanted to be. You gave me that freedom when I was just a little who cried every night in search of what he didn't have. A little boy who was always lost in an wonderland because reality was to harsh. When you said those words, you opened up a whole new world of possibility, chance, risk, and happiness. You told me I could be Peter Pan, and Michael Jordan. You told me I could be an astronaut, dinosaur, a writer, a construction worker, a secret spy a, a circus act. You told me I could be anything in this whole entire world. I was just a little boy.

Now I see that was a lie. Who am I to blame? Maybe myself for believing I could be the next 007. Maybe you should have just given me a list of the things I could be to save me from disappointment.

"You can be whatever you want to be"

Those words haunt me. The little boy has yet to leave, and I am confused. You opened that door, and told me it was okay to be someone else.

I just want to be me.
However, after all these years of trying to be everything else, I don't know who I am.

I doubt you even know who I am.

d.f.

1 comment:

Erica-Lindsay said...

"just want to be me. However, after all these years of trying to be everything else, I don't know who I am." <--- Wow, you are not alone on that one.

kudos for this post.

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP